Fly Tipping

They should do something about that ....

We all experience the frustrations regarding problems that occur and need to be tackled by “someone”. Fly tipping, potholes, footpaths, graffiti are the sort of issues that bedevil us all and where we all too often think, “They should do something about that”.

The majority of issues fall within the remit of Folkestone & Hythe District Council or Kent County Council. The phone numbers and links below provide relevant direct access to both these authorities as well as utility service providers.

Who is responsible for what ......

Kent County Council problem web link  https://webapps.kent.gov.uk/KCC.KHSFaultsGIS.Web.Sites.Public/ReportAFault.aspx.

Emergency calls 03000 418181 (out of hours 03000 419191)

Issues that fall within KCC remit include

Highways to include pot holes, signage, road markings, missing manhole covers and street lighting.

Flooding and drains, trees, salt bins, footpaths.

Emergency Utility Issues

Dangerous overhead electric cables contact UK Power Network by mobile or landline, dialling free of charge 115

Dangerous overhead telephone lines contact Open Reach on 0800 0232023

Gas leaks should be reported to the National Gas Emergency number 0800 111999

Folkestone and Hythe District Council problem web link https://folkestone-hythe.gov.uk/report-a-problem

Telephone 01303 853000

Issues that fall within the Districts Council remit include

Missed Bins, Fly Tipping, Graffiti, Dead Animals, Dog Issues, Street Cleaning


Folkestone and Hythe DC have set up a local dedicated COVID-19 helpline and email for residents to contact them on any COVID-19 related matters.